Replace new tab with lighthouse custom page, featuring sticky notes, to-do list, & lighthouse hd wallpapers.
Install lighthouse extension to change your new-tab page to FreeAddon customized new-tab page and enjoy many lighthouse wallpapers, along with various quality-of-life features like To-Do List, Sticky Notes, and more…
★ Features of lighthouse Custom New Tab extension:
✔ Enjoy lighthouse wallpapers in HD quality on customized new tab page. Also randomly show all lighthouse wallpapers with ‘Shuffle All Images’ option, or show your favorite lighthouse pics only with ‘Shuffle Favorite Images’ option .
✔ Randomly show wallpapers from all of your installed FreeAddon extensions, not just with ‘Random All NewTabs’ option.
✔ Show animation when changing between wallpapers with Background Animation setting. Or display animation of snowfall, leaf fall, etc… on lighthouse new tab with ‘Snow / Animations’ setting.
✔ Quick access to most visited sites and Google Apps like Gmail or YouTube.
✔ Enable ‘Set Time Automatically’ to show the current date & time on lighthouse new tab, or disable it to set date & time manually.
✔ Show Sticky Notes, To-Do Tasks list, & Countdown Clock which counts down to your specified date
✔ Automatically hides all elements on the newtab with ‘Auto Hide’ setting, showing only lighthouse wallpapers.
★ FreeAddon’s lighthouse Custom New Tab extension is completely free to use. Our extension DOES NOT have ads or virus.
★ For problem troubleshoot & feedback, please visit https://freeaddto.com/feedback/
★ Lighthouse Fun Facts:
1. The first lighthouse was Egypt’s Pharos of Alexandria, built in the third century BC. The lighthouse of Alexandria was made from a fire on a platform to signal the port entrance.
2. The United States is home to more lighthouses than any other country.
3. The first keeper in America, George Worthylake, met an untimely death: He drowned, along with his wife and daughter, when returning to the Little Brewster Island lighthouse in 1718.
4. With more than 115 lighthouses along the Great Lakes, Michigan boasts the most lighthouses of any U.S. state.
5. Many enthusiasts yearn to experience the life of a lighthouse keeper. Ohio woman Sheila Consaul paid $71,010 for Lake Erie’s Fairport Harbor West Breakwall Lighthouse in 2011 and has been fixing it up ever since.
★ Lighthouse Fun Facts:
6. The world’s oldest existing lighthouse is considered to be Tower of Hercules, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that marks the entrance of Spain’s La Coruña harbor. The lighthouse, which was erected in the first century, is still operational.
7. The most expensive lighthouse built in America is St. George Reef, near Crescent City, California. It took 10 years to construct and cost $715,000.
8. Lighthouse keeping was one of the first U.S. government jobs available to women, going back to the 19th century.
9. Despite advances in technology, lighthouses are still considered aids to navigation by the U.S. Coast Guard.
10. Towers are given different colors and patterns — diamonds, spirals and stripes, for example — to distinguish them from each other.
(Source: CNN Travel)